Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Dunk Contest Revived

Over the weekend the NBA put on All Star weekend in Toronto. I have been critical of the NBA dunk contest for years now. There has been too much hype and not enough originality in the past. I was originally upset when I saw that they were only going to have 4 participants again this year but I was pleasantly surprised after watching Saturday night.

What made the contest great was the dueling dunks between Zach LaVine and Aaron Gordon. I have attached the video recap below in case you have not seen it.



Both of these guys were amazing but I felt Gordon had a little more originality as much as I hated seeing Stuff the dragon on the court but he had some sweet dunks with the mascot's assistance. LaVine was amazing but I felt he over used the several variations of the free throw dunks.

The real winners of the contest were the fans who finally got to see a great exhibition. I'm looking forward to next year's contest, but I still think they need to invite at least 6 guys to the contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment