Wednesday, March 3, 2021

NBA Dunk Contest...Come on Man!

I'm sorry, but it's that time of year again and I have to voice my concerns yet again about All Star Weekend. Apparently the NBA has not read my previous complaints on this blog about their Dunk Contest format. 

It's been a tough year for basketball fans. Covid kept spectators out of the arena, the NBA went Woke last year and now I hear they have decided to narrow down the participants in the slam dunk contest from four to just three. Why on earth?

I may be opinionated but I am also humble. There are few things I brag about and I think most people do most things in life much better than I can, but I could do so much better at organizing the NBA dunk contest than whoever made the decision to allow this lame format. 

I will still watch the highlights and look forward to it but I just don't understand why they would put such restrictive limits on the main event from Friday night All Star Weekend. Are they also going to limit the 3 point contest to just 3 participants?

Maybe they should invite a couple professional dunkers like Jordan Kilganon or Jonathan Clark to participate to motivate the NBA players to really bring it. This was a great series to watch a couple years ago and it offered a more in depth look at a long-term dunk contest. I really enjoyed this show and I'm sure any dunking enthusiast would too.



No comments:

Post a Comment