Monday, September 21, 2020

The Bubble

I am glad the NBA was able to resume their season in the bubble. I am enjoying watching the playoffs but I'm not a fan of the virtual spectators in the crowd. All the heads are all different sizes and I don't care to see people staring at their computers in place of a crowd. I wish they could just photoshop real crowds from past games on a green screen. 

As grateful as I am to be able to watch some highlights again, I am not a fan of the politicized version of the NBA since it started back up. During the first few weeks it felt like I was watching CNN with guys playing basketball in the background. I respect the athletes rights to their opinions and causes that they are passionate about but I think promoting so much social justice and BLM has hurt their ratings when people just want to watch sports and escape all the political polarization and strife that we are flooded with everywhere else.


I'm looking forward to seeing the Lakers win it all this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment