Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Bad Injuries

Over the summer I was sad to see Gordon Hayward leave the Jazz, but was still wishing him the best and hoping he’d have continued success in Boston. This morning I saw a headline that he had broken his leg early in the first game of the season. I thought that sucked, but when I saw the picture of his injury online my heart just sank and my eyes started to tear up.

I felt sick to see his foot twisted in the wrong direction.  I dislocated a finger several years ago playing basketball and it kind of freaked me out seeing one finger bend a completely different direction than the others, but that was child's play compared to his ankle. 

The first thing I thought of when I saw a photo of it was Paul George when he broke his lower leg a couple years ago. After that happened I thought George's career was over. I was surprised and impressed to see him battle back and play at such a high level afterwards. This gives me hope for Hayward. This injury was not as graphic as the ones experienced by Paul George or Kevin Ware but it still made me sick. 

I have decided not to post the picture but I think the picture below sums up the severity of the injury. When you see opposing players turn away unable to watch you know it is bad.


Any injury is frustrating, but serious ones are particularly hard to witness. I would not wish an injury like that on anybody and hope Hayward is able to make a full recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment