Friday, September 1, 2017

Jimmer in China

I have enjoyed watching Jimmer Fredette play basketball since he caught everyone's attention at BYU and winning the NCAA player of the year in 2011. I could not believe the shooting range he had and was shocked at some of the deep threes he made in games.

It was frustrating watching him at the next level in the NBA. I think he could have done better with certain teams or in different systems than the ones he had a change to play with but I also I understand it's a challenge to continue to perform at the same level when he has to guard bigger or faster players who expose his weakness on defense.

It has been interesting to see how he struggles in the NBA but dominates when he has gone down to the D-League or over seas. He had a great year in China leading the CBA in scoring and winning the import MVP award. I'm just glad to see he's doing so well with the Shanghai Sharks and hope he can continue to have success there. I'm sure he'd prefer to be competing in the NBA but he's on top of the world in Asia for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment