Friday, March 9, 2012

Marcin Gortat

There are certain big men in the NBA who have have a big following. Guys like Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, and the Gasol brothers have been getting a lot of publicity, but one player who has really caught my attention this year is Marcin Gortat of the Phoenix Suns.

Marcin is from Poland and played pro for 3 years in Europe before joining the NBA. He's not a big name player, but he has been a very solid player since he was traded from the Magic. Gortat has averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds this year. I'm sure one reason for this is because he has been the fortunate recipient of many Steve Nash assists.

Gortat may not be an All Star yet, but he has some impressive stats on NBA.com. He is ranked #14 for efficiency and #22 for fantasy players. I really like how this guy plays. If he ever happens to be playing at the rec. center on Saturday, I will try to pick him up on my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment