Saturday, February 11, 2023

Congrats to LeBron

I remember watching Kareem Abdul Jabbar pass Wilt Chamberlain as the all time leading scorer in NBA history. He did so against the Jazz with his signature sky hook while Mark Eaton was guarding him. He held this record for 38 years until earlier this week when LeBron James passed him by scoring 38,388  career points. 

I know there are many LeBron haters out there but I've been shocked to see so many negative comments and comparisons online after he accomplished this. I happen to like LeBron even if he does some things that I don't care for. Despite these detractions, I respect any athlete who has had such incredible longevity and is playing at his level 20 years into his career. 

I don't ever expect the Jordan comparisons and LeBron bashing to stop, but it would be nice to see his haters occasionally acknowledge his accomplishments. Like him or not, he's one of the greatest basketball players of all time. I'm excited to see how long he can keep playing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment