Tuesday, November 20, 2018

My least favorite NBA players part 2

Several years ago I did a post highlighting my least favorite NBA players. It's time to add some more names to the list.  I admit I am being judgmental because these guys are great athletes, incredible ball players, and probably good guys too, but my spidey senses make it hard for me to cheer for them when they are playing basketball.

Image result for marcus smart james harden

Draymond Green- He's a great defender and an intense competitor but I don't like his kicking and abrasive attitude. Golden State's team looked invincible last year and I expected a 5 year run with that squad so I am surprised to see them struggling as a team recently due to their own players not getting along. Green is a big part of that.

Russell Westbrook- I've been a big Westbrook fan for a long time but things are changing. He's probably the most athletic guy in the NBA and I love his rim abusing dunks but I've been getting negative vibes since he averaged a triple double last season. He's now coming across as more of a stat padder when I watch him fight his own big men for rebounds.

James Harden- is an amazing offensive talent. I liked him when he was in a supporting role in OKC but since he has been the "go to" guy in Houston I have had a hard time liking him. He has gotten better as an all around player over the last two years but I still am just not a fan of the Beard.

Chris Paul- I can't really pinpoint what it is about Paul that bothers me but I guess deep down inside I just don't trust the guy. He is an amazing floor general so his ability is not in question. It's probably more of his attitude. Seeing how my prior list included Carmello Anthony you can imagine that I'm not a fan of the Rockets.

Trae Young and De'Aaron Fox tie for this spot for the same reason. I don't like their hair style. I know I am a shallow human being and probably going to hell for being so judgmental but they'd both look much better if they trimmed their hair and sharpened it up to match their game.

Dwight Howard- I used to love watching him play but over time he has fallen from grace with me. I think it started when he was trying to get out of Orlando. It also doesn't help that his performance has dropped so far over the last several seasons.

Lamarcus Aldridge and Al Horford- They are both great players but I think they are so boring. They remind me of Tim Duncan's little brothers who are even less flashy than the Big Fundamental.

Marcus Smart- I admire his hustle and tenacity but I think he can be a loose cannon. He has attempted some of the most blatant flops I have ever seen. Anyone who acts like they were body slammed by Hulk Hogan and goes into convulsions just rom Kyle Korver barely boxing him out is hard to cheer for.

Bonus- least favorite commentator- Tommy Heinson. I know he is a legend and has been announcing the Celtics games forever but he is way too biased. I've seen so many highlights over the years as he turns a blind eye to his home team during his commentary.

The funny thing is I don't hate these guys. I'd probably still think it's cool to meet them if I ever ran into them but I have a hard time cheering for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment