Friday, November 1, 2013

When You Don't Want to Pay the NBA...

I remember buying a Michael Jordan poster in the 80's that featured MJ in the dunk contest his rookie year. That particular poster looked a little odd since it showed him wearing his Chicago Bulls jersey but it was solid red. I later realized it was because someone didn't want to pay the NBA extra for using the Bulls logo on their poster.

The other day I was at the store and saw a display that reminded me of that. I guess Sunny Delight didn't have enough in their advertising budget to include Gordon Hayward's Jazz logo on their ad.

This whole licensing idea reminds me of an old Pony shoe commercial where Orlando Woolridge and Spud Webb were shown dunking wearing some unrecognizable white uniforms as opposed to their regular team uniforms.

Few things make me more sad than seeing a professional athlete who is not able to wear their regular jersey for a product endorsement or a commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment