Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fair Weathered Fans

I jokingly sent a tweet last month that read "Some fair weather fans only started liking the Clippers after Griffin dunked on Gasol. I've been a long time Clippers fan since he dunked on Perkins".

A couple months ago a friend told me he has followed the Clippers since the late 80's. I thought it was interesting when I asked who his favorite players from the Clippers were from that era and he could not name one player.

I've noticed the same trend with the Thunder. They are an exciting team and are gaining many fans. I saw this picture today that sums up how I feel about fair weathered fans.


I'm not saying you have to be fanatical and know every player and their stats in order to root for a team, but if you are going to pretend to be a hard core fan, then you'd better be able to back it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment